GitHub is a web-based hosting service for version control using git. It is mostly used in computer code. It offers all of the distributed version control and source code management functionality of Git as well as adding its own features
How to create the website with GitHub?
- First, you must need the GitHub account. Sign up with your email to the GitHub. After setting up your account in the GitHub. Login to the GitHub. After login, you can see the landing GitHub landing page.
- Click the New Repository button.
- It will take to Create repository page in that you can give the repository name and give the description of a repository is optional. And make the repository public, and check the initialized the repository with README file and click create the button to create the new repository.
- A name must like your repository name followed by the .github.io see the below image.
- After that, you can see the below screen.
- Now you can upload your file into your repository or click the Create New File button to type your code in the file and save it.
- Now click the Setting Option.
- Scroll down the page you can see the GitHub Page section.
- Page Section you can select the drop-down and select the which branch you want to load in the browser. You can try your GitHub page address in the browser.
- After selecting the branch you can get the URL of your web page you can try the URL in the browser you can see your webpage in the browser.
- GitHub also gives the pre-designed template you can choose your favorite template from the GitHub template and used for your site.